It must work online. On my afs system (a network of neworks)....a link that i found on google closely related to this is [url removed, login to view]~zhenyan/
The system must allow 2 levels of access (customer and employee) with different option for each type. Minimally, a customer should be able to search inventory and make purchases while an employee should be able to modify inventory and change prices.
I must use DataObject presented in class. If that class is insufficient for my needs, i am allowed to extend it by creating a child class (but, i must still use the message variable of DataObject).
I have to use the ThreadedDataObjectServer presented in class.
I have to preserve data on the server. I can use files or a database.
Additional Features :
I have to make the user interface intuitive, user-friendly and professional in appearance and functionality. Swing is not required but may help in accomplishing this.
Make the system have the functionality that would make sense if i were developing it as a professional system.
Use as many Java packages as i can.
Below is the essence of the discussion on the same...
1. THE FRONTEND SHOULD BE IN JAVA AND USE JAVA APPLETS
2. THE DATABASE SHOULD BE ORACLE ONLY
3. THE INTERFACE MUST HAVE 2 LEVELS OF USAGE - ADMINISTRATOR AND CUSTOMER
(ADMINISTRATOR WILL HAVE ALL RIGHTS AND HE SHOULD BE ABLE TO GRANT AND
REVOKE RIGHTS AND SHOULD BE ABLE TO CATER FOR MULTIPLE USERS)
4. I NEED THIS ON MY AFS SYSTEM (A NETWORK BASED SERVER)
5. SERVER MUST BE MULTI-THREADED
6. THE BACKEND SHOULD BE ABLE TO HANDLE ALL TRANSACTIONS PERTAINING TO
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Windows XP", "in all 3.0+ versions of Internet Explorer and Netscape",