This is a simple online catalogue and order processing system.
Assignment from a school project. (actual assignment attached -- "SE")
Coder to work on current existing one attached in this post.
(run [url removed, login to view]) in "NB" folder.
Customers are to browse through the online catalogue, select the desired items and order through a "form" and submit the order.
What is needed to be changed on existing system.
1. Catalogue to be look more professional.
2. Ordering form to display each selected items in a better view and summary form.
3. Fields in order form to be validated by system to be in the correct format.
4. A simple database using either access or MySQL for storing the data of the items in the inventory.
5. Catalogue to display items in or out of stock.
6. A log in feature enabled for staff of the company to log-in, check on orders and edit the items in inventory/stock
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
4) Coder need to help come up with the following diagrams.
a. Entity Relationship Diagram
b. Context Diagram
c. Level 0 & level 1 Data Flow Diagram
Must be able to run in Windows XP environment.
Sinced its web based, interface should be browsed with IE 4 or later.
It is preferred that Java is the language used to code the program.