We have an architecture in place, but want to have a review by someone who is very strong in these areas, so that we might make adjustments as necessary.
In order to be considered for this bid, please outline areas you consider to be of much importance, and what are some areas you have had some interesting challenges in using Spring Framework (inlucing MVC) and Hibernate.
Since there is no test to gauge understanding of Spring/Hibernate, please answer the following:
[url removed, login to view] up and maintaining test data for Unit and Integration Testing, should it be done centrally or by the developer?
2. How to make sure it is up-to-date, how to make sure the data doesn't clash among different tests?
3. Should the Unit and Integration Tests be run against copy of production data?
4. How to avoid brittle tests?
JPA vs Hibernate:
1. Is it better to use in combination or just choose one?
2. If combination, which portions of each should be used?
DWR - how to protect resources
1. How to secure resources?
ACEGI - DWR
1. Will ACEGI secure DWR calls?
Lazy loading with DWR
1. How to achieve lazy loading with DWR?
Code analysis tool that works for Java 1.5 and Spring/Hibernate 1. Are you familiar with any tools that can be used to analyze code automatically?
Back button functionality
1. What is the best way to make this shared code ?
Can you rate your knowledge (1-10) on the following technologies we are
- Spring Framework (including MVC)
- Java 1.5
1) Analysis of the current system (2.5 days)
2) Report of area of improvement in current system. Discussion with Team to agree upon necessary changes. (.5 day)
3) Completed code changes and fully-functional working code (3 days days)
4) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition and checked in and deployable from SVN
5) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Spring MVC / Spring Framework
To work on above 3.0 IE and Firefox