We are currently using the jniosocket2 java package (See [url removed, login to view]) to provide non-blocking sockets. We want to use SSL (e.g. the SSLEngine object from Sun) for security and we are looking for someone to develop jniosocket3 which would optionally include SSL transport. An examples of this is at [url removed, login to view] We will release this on as an open-source project and we would be happy to include your name in the credits,etc...
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. GPL components are fine. Software will be released under GPL.
4) Full Junit-based unit testing is required
5) Full Javadoc documentation for all new modules is required
6) Load tests with up to 10000 open connections are required (on Linux)
7) Stress tests with 15 minutes of maximum concurrent connection creation deletion is required.
- Linux for up to 10,000 connections - WinXP for up to 5 connections - Mac for up to 5 connections (we can perform this testing if necessary)