This project involves integrating three UPS Online Tools (Rates and Service Selection, Tracking and Address Validation) into an existing PHP shopping cart. The cart is using MySQL on a unix box.
To integrate UPS OnLine Tools you must develop custom code that adapts our application's business logic and data to UPS OnLine Tools. You can use any programming language that supports HTTP communication across Internet socket and secure connections, such as Java, Visual Basic, or C++.
You will need to...
1. know how to program URL or socket connections.
2. obtain, or write, a secure socket implementation that supports the SSL standard for secure communications.
3. know how to encode and decode XML documents.
4. design a strategy for handling errors.
There is an extra twist in this shopping cart that you need to consider. Items are shipped from an infinite number of locations. A buyer must be able to check out two items being shipped from two different zip codes or countries.
The UPS documentation includes all documentation needed to integrate each tool and will be provided upon request (or you can create an account and download it directly from [url removed, login to view])
Prior experience with UPS OnLine Tools or similar preferred.
Bonus for speedy completion available.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
Unix, MySql, PHP