**Virtual wait Management**
A web hosted application developed primiraly in Cold Fusion. The application is designed to manage up to 7 virutal waiting lines or queues. There is a User interface that enables a user to enter people into a particular queue/line and also move them to another queue as well. The user enters the person name and cell phone number in the queue. The person in line will get a text message confirming they are in the queue, what place in line and an estimated wait time (if possible).
The virutal wait lines will be displayed to a website and 50 inch LCD monitor.
Reporting as well.
**Virtual wait Management**
1. 5 separate queues or virtual waiting lines for a college i.e Financial Aide, Registrar and Admissions, Advisement and Assessment.
2. You'll have a single user (Queue Coordinator) entering students into the virtual waiting lines / queues in the application (like a restaurant hostess) that will manage the queues (take students out of queues, put them into other queues, confirm they've been seen by a department, etc)
3. Similar to a restaurant the students will see the queue Coordinator to determine what Queue(s) they need sign up for. They will provide there name and cell phone number to the Cue Coordinator, who will enter this information into the appropriate fields in the queue system. i.e. Bob Beatty 203715470 Admissions cue.
4. Student's entered in to the queue / Line will get a text confirmation notifying them of their position in the queue (you are 6 in the financial aide queue, estimated wait time 10 minutes). They system will send automatic reminders to the students that are 3rd and 2d in the queue, this is important so the students starts to head back to student services and doesn't hold up the line. The queue coordinator will text the student who is next to see the department (Student Assessment) and have a button to confirm the student was seen, or Cancel if the student wasn't seen.
Each cue will be color coded and the ability for the Cue Coordinator to confirm the student saw the department they were in the Cue for as well as assign them to another department Cue via a drop down menu at the end of each cue.
Each Cue will have a text Message field for the Cue Coordinator to notify students when it's there turn to be seen, up to 160 characters.
Students will be able to check their status in the cue by replying to the confirmation message, i.e. Reply "S" for status, a reply will be returned that notifies the student of what position they are in the Cue i.e. "your are 10 in the Registrar Cue"
Repy "L" to leave the cue "You have left the cue, please see student services to join a cue"
Repy "T" for more time. This will bump the student back two spots in the Cue they are in. "You are now 12 in the Registrar cue, estimated wait time of 15 minutes".
The multiple viritual waiting lines / queues will be displayed on a 50 inch LCD as well as a website.
6. Reporting. i.e average wait time, number of students seen verse number of students not seen (didn't stick around), per department i.e. Financial Aide, Student Assessment, etc.
Web hosted application developed in Cold Fusion
I have a PSD for the Admin tool and the LCD display, just need to be cut and coded.