Need an assessment engine with the following:
1. Server-side written in PHP 5.x (LAMP stack)
2. Client-side UI using Flex
Should support desktop as well as web interface (using Adobe AIR)
3. Ability to reuse questions for creating new quizzes
4. Divide a quiz into multiple sections. A quiz may or may not have sections.
Finally, the quiz to have sections and/or questions
5. Ability to randomize questions and answers for each user that takes up the assessment.
6. The quiz creator to have option to allow a student to have multiple takes or not.
7. Basic reports: max, min, ave score; average number of correct's per question; graph of scores of a student if s/he takes the quiz multiple timese.
8. Much have a rich, intuitive user interface.
9. Must have regular features of an online quiz:
a) One question at a time
b) Ability to jump to a section / question (only if the quiz creator allows)
c) Teacher should be able to allow/deny reverting back to an attempted question
If there are any ambiguities and/or queries, revert back.