I am looking to build a new web site from the ground up. The prototype is attached.
Please provide examples of sites similar to what you will be creating so that I may get an idea of what the mockups will look like. Bids without sample sites will be deleted.
The site will include a blog, minimal Facebook and Linked-In integration, web forms, two event calendars, full sight search, newsletter signup, news feeds, two image databases with a special design presentation, support for a future storefront with 3-5 items, and some method of editing and posting all content with restrictions for a non web designer.
The site will be created for an established fine art painter who focuses on landscape paintings in the modern impressionist style. The site should represent a classic but modern taste. The site should be technically complex yet visually simple.
Attached you will find a prototype of the site to be created. The design is 99% of what we are looking for.
We are looking to spend a minimum of $500 on this project and would like to create a long term relationship with the developer for future changes and expansion.
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Tuesday Jan 25, 2011 8:15:24 PM:
Hello. Thank you for bidding. We have decided to use the mockup that has been attached with the proposal so design work will no longer be needed. Please update your bid if you need to. I also have a few questions:
1. What method will you use for the backend system? Will it be a content management system such as Drupal or proprietary and what will that look like?
2. Are you familiar with HTML5 and browser compatibility and do you hard code or prefer plugins? Is your code well formed and readable should other developers need to edit it?
3. What is your familiarity with the usage of Web Fonts and technologies such as Cufon or the @font-face command in CSS3.0? What technology would you recommend for using custom fonts and how will that impact SEO and browser compatibility?
4. A simple calendaring system will need to be used for listing events and creating event feeds. Will you be creating your own Calendar feed system or will you be using outside sources and how will that operate?
5. A database will be used that will house images that will need to be put into multiple sizes for output to differing parts of the web site. What technology will you use and what do you know about its ability to maintain the sharpness and image integrity of the photos?
6. In terms of finalizing the web site, how many revisions will be allowed prior to accepting the project as complete?
7. The web site will need to be maintained after completion. Will you be available for ongoing maintenance and what is your charge? Thank you for your responses.