This project is an upgrade to an existing tool. It is a PHP webpage that integrates with the eBay API to list item to eBay. Data is saved and retrieved from MySQL.
Required: PHP, MySQL, eBay API
Minor: XML, AJAX, SOAP
Our website contains a large catalog of products. Our customers can select any of the products and click a button to list the item directly onto their ebay account. The basics are already done and we would like to improve the tool to support some extra features.
The existing tool already has the basic functionality of listing an item on eBay.
This includes the following: Product details (title, description, image, user token) are extracted from the database to a web page. A user can then edit these items and a few others (price, auction length etc). Finally, they click list and if we already have that users eBay token the item is sent to eBay to be listed in auction style.
The upgrades that need to be done include the following (in order of difficulty):
- support listing into eBay stores (and supporting the individual customers category layout is required)
- show the cost of listing and a preview of the listing before they list (ie - a confirmation page)
- support shipping & handling price (currently s&h is simply part of the description, but this needs to be moved to the correct location using the API)
- shipping price is valid only for 48 continental US states. (must indicate this either through api or if not possible just append the description)
- include a return policy (must use API, not description. will be fixed text)
- improved error output display. When eBay returns an error for listing it needs to be displayed an easily readable format.
Most of the upgrades should be fairly easy with the most difficult part probably being supporting the eBay stores and allowing customers to map the product into their existing store category hierarchy (or allowing them to create a new category if an appropriate one doesn't exist).
I will pick a coder as I feel is most capable of performing the work and not necessarily based on lowest price. Mainly I am looking for someone that is familiar with PHP and is already experienced with the eBay API or is willing to spend the time to learn it.
The code must be compatible with the latest eBay API version.
I will provide the existing PHP pages, database tables, and some sample data after I have picked a coder. If you really need to see this before hand let me know.
I would expect this project to take approximately from 20-40 hours.