Toronto-based company seeks an experienced Ajax, php and mysql programmer. This is for roughly 3 weeks of full-time work at 37.5 hours per week. The product is an on-line dating site.
As an employer we have received flawless ratings from previous contractors. We communicate well, pay punctually and always provide good feedback for good work.
- The ability to work unsupervised.
- An ability to take direction and work to project specifications.
- Creative problem solving.
- The ability to write code which is optimized for speed and heavy traffic.
- Good writing skills for script commenting and documentation.
All of the above are requirements, however we will be most focused on Ajax as well as the ability to dynamically retrieve and present mysql data via interactive forms.
We will provide
- A full day orientation reviewing existing code as well as discussing development deliverables.
- We will be providing access to a test server as a work environment so that you can place your files.
- We will also be providing quality assurance, direct feedback and access to project management staff via instant messenger during regular business hours (EST). You will also have direct access to the programmer who scripted the existing code. We can be available off-hours as well to accommodate time zone differences.
- Clean and efficient code is to be maintained at all times which meets project requirements.
- The successful candidate will be required to provide daily updates and be available to discuss any needed changes/edits.
- Flexibility is key, we anticipate that some redirection and change in deliverables will take place during the project. The successful candidate will be expected to adapt to meet changing requirements.
- Please specify your hourly rate in the body of your bid.
- As an overall project fee please quote a dollar figure for 115 hours of work.
- The entire project fee will be split into smaller payments and released in increments of 20 hours.
- Payments will be moved into escrow weekly and released as needed.
There is a real opportunity here to show off your skills. If you accomplish all of our project requirements early we will fill the remaining hours with enhancement requests, refinements and testing. We are willing to consider a bonus for exceptional work.
The successful candidate will also be required to sign an assignment of intellectual property and non-disclosure agreement.