I need to upgrade to the latest version and fine-tune the Credit Card Gift Voucher contribution (CCGV) on my highly-customized OsCommerce store. If you do it well, I will have a ton of work for you in the future.
The store URL is www.glass#$of#$venice#$.com (just remove the #$).
1. General considerations
• I am a programmer in the past and will review your code. Do not create dirty patches, do it right. If I just needed to install a couple of MODs and fix cosmetics, I would have done it myself. I need you to test everything you do inside-out. And when you are sure you tested everything and it works fine, TEST AGAIN!
• No Payments and no escrow until the work is finished. Check my feedback – I pay promptly as long as you deliver. I need a stable responsible IT partner for long-term relationship.
• You will create a copy of the Production database, and call it glassofv_oscDEV. This AND ONLY THIS is the database where you develop. Then you will create a folder /DEV under root, change htaccess and configs, and point it to the DEV database. This will create the development environment. This is where you will develop and test your code. You will never touch the code or database in Production unless I test and approve the change to be migrated. Only after my approval, you will migrate the change(s) to Production. If you like, you can develop on your own server and then sync with this DEV environment so that I can test.
• Every change you make, you will put two comments, one before and one after, like this “// Change by <YOUR NAME> on <DATE>, and what the change is for”
• I will create a file on Google Docs and we will share it. For every byte of code you change, you will update this document with the line numbers where you made the changes for each file you touched. For example: /[url removed, login to view]: 10, 202-213, 500-550
• No bid is accepted unless you state in your reply “I have read and agree with all items under “General considerations” section.
The CCGV MOD was installed in May of this year and there have been few minor modifications to it since then. I need you to upgrade to the latest version (no, not to reinstall, but compare with what I have, see whether it makes sense, and change what has to be changed - this should be very minor), then test everything, especially the gift vouchers. I need users to be able to buy and use gift vouchers, i.e. full gift voucher functionality of CCGV mod. As a user, I need to be able to buy and send a gift voucher and see what my balance is. As a recipient of the voucher, I need to be able to pay (partially or in full) with the voucher, and see what the remaining balance is. We will discuss cosmetics when we get the mechanics to work. Please include this cosmetics piece in your bid.
I also have a “Purchase without account” contribution installed. There is a problem integrating it with CCGV since I need client who bought a gift voucher to be able to go back and send the remainder of the voucher as well as client to be able to see the remaining balance. To achieve this, I need to make sure that neither client who buys a gift voucher nor client who redeems is is able to checkout without account ( suppress the block that allows client to check out without creating an account if there is GV involved). For the client that redeems the gift voucher, I need to make sure all redeeming functionality works fine. I know there are multiple issues in CCGV out-of-the box, including calculations and inability to reuse once redeemed even if he did not check out.
Anyway, the point is that you have to fix everything you see is wrong and test everything inside-out, not just to install the code and wait for me to give you a list of issues.
The coupons and rewards points portion of the MOD works fine but after you upgrade, you need to retest everything again and again, including coupons and points.
After you install and test everything, I will test it, We will fix all outstanding issues and cosmetics, and then you will move it to Production.
Bottom line: I am looking for a long-term IT partner who will know my site inside-out and this project will be a good indicator of whether you are capable. I already have a list of projects for the future to keep you busy.
3 freelancers are bidding on average $222 for this job
We are a team of excellent web designers who have successfully done many assignments like this before We ensure both quality and timely delivery and total personalized commitment to wards project regards xonex