The ideal candidate will have strong technical, management and communications skills. We require hands on experience with PowerBuilder. Duties entail full life cycle client and web software application documentation, development and support. This includes creating, recreating, documenting and supporting client-server and web applications and components from conceptual exploration, system planning and requirements gathering phases, through design and testing, production, and maintenance phases.
Provide the technical expertise and specifications to integrate geospatial services and tools across
local area network that support the operation of GIS servers and peripherals including hardware and software setup and configuration.
• Provide system administrators with installation and configuration speCifications that integrate the use of ESRI Spatial Data Engine (SDE), Microsoft liS web server, SQLServer, ArcGIS Server and ArcIMS.
• Install and configure ESRI software and Arcweb services, GlobeXplorer extension, ERDAS Imagine, ENVI, Virtual Earth and Google Earth software.
• Work closely with the Oracle and SQL administrators to troubleshoot problems with the operation of SDE and other databases
• Create installation and configuration specification documentation specific to integrating administering geospatial services and tools across network and workstations
• Troubleshoot interoperability issues with other standard applications and resolve all related problems
• Provide technical expertise and support for the development of geospatial database-driven web applications by providing technical assistance and guidance to the IGAS staff using GIS best practice technologies that will fit within the geospatial server configuration
• Provide technical assistance in support of geospatial data optimization approaches and participate on the Data Management Team
• Provide technical assistance in the development of geospatial web-based tools for tracking environmental trends, performing complex data queries, and displaying geospatial information quickly based on system capabilities
• Assist IGAS staff with designing options for developing geospatial web-based information systems to track and query available environmental information across state and federal agencies
• Provide technical assistance in the development and maintenance of geospatial web applications and production of mapping products in formats compatible with a web based environment.
• 2 yrs ArcSDE, ArcGIS Server Configuration experience
• 5 yrs ArcSDE, ArcGIS working experience
• 5 yrs ArcGIS deployment experience