Configure and test a MediaWiki with LaTeX extension at the [url removed, login to view] hosting service for book publishing.
Configure the MediaWiki as a LaTeX production tool designed specifically for scientific book publishing (Cover, table of contents long and short version, cross references, footnotes, tables, pictures).
- Multi-language support with language specific typographic rules (at least 2 language versions can be edited side by side)
- Languages to be used: English, German, Spanish, French, Italian
- Output whole book or chapters as PDF, XHTML, LaTeX (each chapter a file)
- Full color support
- Posibility to choose between different production quality book templates (3 templates implemented)
- Accounts & privileges: Admin with full access; Users with access to one book and only one language
- Upload of pictures and every book has its own picture hierarchy
- Backup to a zip file.
Documentation (implemented in the MediaWiki itself):
- Documentation of the changes to the original MediaWiki files (if possible no changes)
- Documentation of the new php files (heavily commented)
- Documentation of the mySQL database architecture
Your requirements are mostly as agreed. Still, some of them would need further negotiation and clarification. I have sent a list of issues in a private message.