I have tried to integrate a free script that I found online, but I cannot get the data to post properly to my database. This should be a fairly quick and easy project. I have a comment stream similar to Facebook's; users post new comments or they can comment on existing comments. I am able to make this work fine with PHP; however, I would like it cleaned up so that I do not have to have a comment input box appear after every single comment.
My current database setup:
- For this project, the tables involved are:
* user_table: user_id, username...
* comment_table: comment_id, user_id, comment, date
* reply_comment_table: reply_id, comment_id, reply_id, reply_comment, date
- The script I am trying to use does not send the information to the database
- The script I am using involves jquery, ajax, and php, which can be viewed here: [url removed, login to view]
What I want:
- If the user wants to reply_comment, they click a link or button and a text box appears for them to write a new reply comment.
- The reply comment values should be successfully sent to the reply_comment table in the database.
- The reply comments should be retrieved successfully from the database to be displayed under the comment they are referring to (I have this working currently so ignore this if I can keep this working with php)
- Proper error detection for the reply comment insertion so that I do not get unwanted sql injection
** Optional: I would like to have a bar under each original comment (from the comment_table) that states how many reply comments there are (when clicked it should expand all of the comments). The reply comment text box should also appear under the comments if this option is executed. There should also be a text link that gives the user the option to see the reply text box without expanding the comments.
This is nothing out of the box, if you need a reference as to what I am talking about simply go to Facebook and comment on an existing status.
As I have provided the tutorial that more experienced coders will understand better than I, this project should be fairly quick and painless. Please let me know your thoughts on timeline, budget, and any experience directly related to this project.
2 freelancers are bidding on average $150 for this job
Hi, We can easily solve your problem. We are quite comfortable to work on your Project with our excellent team of Programmers & Designers. Please see PMB for our company Work & Experience. Thanks