I need a Flash detection and redirection script that works!
The script needs to do the following:
1. If the browser can support Flash I want it to direct the user to URL "A".
2. If the browser doesn't support Flash, I want it to direct the user to URL "B" (HTML version of site)
3. If the browser is not IE, I want to direct it to URL "B", i.e. HTML version of site.
I had a script which seemed to work some of the time but not others. When I visited my site on one computer, everything was fine. When I used another, it would not play the Flash on my site but it also did not redirect. In the end, I typed the URL to my Flash-content direct in the address bar, i.e. I missed out the detection script altogether. The browser then prompted me to download "Flash Player 8" which I did - and the site worked. (However, I thought the detection script would have handled this but clearly not).
I am told that all newer browsers should prompt users to download plugins without having to use a detection script. I don't know about this.
I just want the most reliable detection/redirection script available!
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Flash detection and redirection