This is an important project and we have a high sense of urgency to get it completed very quickly with an expert team.
The objective of this project is to create a flash games arcade which incorporates a variety of features which can be found on sites such as [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view], and [url removed, login to view]
Much of the functionality required for the arcade will be provided in the base code which will be provided. [url removed, login to view]
We currently have live flash arcade sites and have worked with a variety of different available scripts including our own home grown/coded script so we know what we are doing and you should too if you want to win this project.
We know how to code and what we are looking for. We will be available days a week to observe progress, answer questions, and provide clarifications. That being said, we want a person or team of people who is capable of working effectively, creatively, and without needing to be told every specific detail. Someone who can take a concept we have and make it better in ways we may not have even thought of.
Attention to detail and presentation are crucially important!
This includes quality coding such as caching features and efficient queries that wont crash servers as well as being able to work with templating and making a site look professional, clean, and visually pleasing.
Please Note: Full details and additional examples will be given to project winner
1) Optimized queries/sanitized/etc.
Utilization of caching using cache lite or equivalent per specific sections of the page
Queries must be well written, and not kill the server use indexes etc.
2) Keep current rewrite rules for categories such as [url removed, login to view]
A live site example of our current structure will be given for your reference.
3) The site should be able to be broken down into subcategories.
4) Breadcrumbs will be needed for navigating the site.
5) Thumbs up/down rating script for games using AJAX or Jquery with IP logging which will be on game pages. Example: [url removed, login to view] directly below the game where it says "I like this game" "I Don't like this game". On category paging it can have % like [url removed, login to view] but preferably like [url removed, login to view] inside the JS hover.
6) Option to order/sort current category by top ratings or newest on click, similar to [url removed, login to view] coolest |most popular |newest
There is sorting that is built into the existing code, however we would like to expand the existing functionality to include sorting based on a game rating, publish date, game plays (popularity).
7) JS/Jquery hover in category mode with item description on hover. Examples: [url removed, login to view] (mouse over game images)
Documentation, tutorial, and example code will be provided to project winner.
8) JS/Jquery slider to make flash file larger/smaller by dragging.
Example: [url removed, login to view] after ad loads.
10) Comments on games will have thumbs up/thumbs down option similar to [url removed, login to view] which self moderates comments, and hides bad comments after 3 thumbs down.
11) RSS feeds into Twitter & Facebook for updates
Creating a test twitter account is required to show this is working.
12) AJAX contact form integration (code provided)
We have already coded a working contact form which will just need to be integrated into the template.
13) Create an admin panel to control ALL of the various aspects of the arcade. (meta tags, games, categories/subcats, users, comments, etc.)
Essentially anything that could need to be updated or manipulated should be able to be done within this panel.
As a part of the admin panel we would like the following functionality:
- Would like to add "game author" option to the script/database so that we can also record who/where the games came from.
- We will need to ability to enable/disable games on the site. Essentially setting status to published or not published.
Please provide examples of past projects related to the features and skills we are looking for.