We have a need for an experienced professional to complete implementation of our custom modified OSCommerce store.
Take a look at
[url removed, login to view] - that is our developement site.
The product customizer is almost completed, click on UPDATE button to bring up the product design feature in Ornaments Product detail page.
Feel free to checkout - use COD payment option if you wanted to see the complete process of customizing the product.
The graphics will be revamped on a separate project basis.
The store features product customization where shoppers can upload an image, crop and edit the image, add text, and checkout.
This is a proprietory code and we would require NDA to assure our PHP code is not reused elsewhere.
The product customization is fully integrated into OSCommerce and it is pure PHP but we would like to add the following enhancements before we go live this season:
1) add cross-browser compatible roll-over help screens to product customization page to provide explanations/help of each feature set to our users.
2) Some of our products can have 2 sided Imprint, add the reverse side product design feature if product needs it. This could perhaps be handled as product option and utilize the existing code to allow customer design the reverse side imprint. Our current site only allows for one design for front of the product. We can also break this into a new item, e.g. 2 sided Imprint and Single Sided imprint.
3) the database currently saves the cart and the customized product, I believe there is a OSC contribution, where user can SAVE the cart without checking out. This is a desirable feature so customers can 'play' online and save their work and come back to it later. Needs to be added to our OSC.
4) Add ability to email the design from the product customization page. This could be in JPG formst, just so the customer has something to take away with them - a WATERMARK with our web address would be nice on that JPG.
5) Front End troubleshooting: current OSC contribution installed is clr 030714 Product Options - the TEXT and TEXTAREA are not working, need to read the code and troubleshoot it so it becomes fully functional. We are currently using this contrib to populate MYSQL database fields with data as customer enters them in to the product designer. The database populates correctly but I do not seem to be able to
6) Utilize the OSC contibution : clr 030714 Product Options to display information that customer entered, such as customizing text in the customers shopping cart, order history as well as ADMIN screens.
7) Administration : order listing: one of our custom mods probably broke a correct display of orders. Administrator cannot see all orders unless they enter in a specific order number. Customer cannot view their orders in their orders summary. This will involve troubleshooting of the existing code and removing the bug that causes this.
8) Administration : enhancements : Admin Screens need to show in order detail additional info that is currently stored in MYSQL : info stored that needs to be called from MYSQL and displayed in order detail, packing list and invoice is : Texts customer used to customize the items, product options such as: PRODUCT COLOR, TEXT COLOR, TEXT FONT (on some items we allow customers to add text on top of the image and on the bottom of the image)... all this is already written to MYSQL we just need an elegant way to display the info in customer order detail on the front end as well as back end.
8a) It appears that if customer orders multiple products the feature which currently displays the custom image in the order detail screen does not work properly. Wrong images display. This would be just a matter of rewriting the PHP code so it pulls appropriate values from the database.
9) Production Image enhancement: we currently collect PNG image for production. We would like to have the ability to arrive to TIFF image or PDF image - something that is high res and can be resized. We have a dedicated server so we can install any necessary PHP related libraries to make this possible. The current output is 700 pix wide PNG image - I would prefer obtaining PDF or TIFF instead if our server technology permits it.
This project will probably expand to additional requirements so it would be ongoing. The need is immediate as we are Christmas Store and would like to roll this out ASAP.