I would like a designer or design team to completely refresh the existing design of a Joomla 1.5 site. The site looks tired, cluttered and amateurish and I would like a professional to update the site design so that it looks impressive & professional with easy-navigation for my customers.
The bidder will need to be able to demonstrate experience in designing & tweaking virtuemart in Joomla and presenting core article information so that the site converts users to purchasers
The site contains a lot of legacy information however I only need the designer to focus on company information, product information, sales pages and the online catalogue (virtuemart). We do not use the shopping cart function - it is for catalogue only.
I would like bidders to consider the following as necessary
* General design theming - colours / layout - template upgrade/update possible
* Easy user navigation to key pages and product groups
* possible redesign of buttons & links to match new theme
* improvement to the general layout of the site and presentation of our products
* Improved virtuemart product page layout & presentation
* Site visitors need to find what they want quickly and easily
* On-page SEO should improve or stay the same
* General SEO review is necessary
* We rank well for our main keywords therefore key SEF URLs must stay the same
The site has been built in joomla over the past 3 years and was in dreamweaver before that. It has many information pages however I will clearly identify the core pages that need specific attention. There are less than 40 VM product pages and maybe 10-12 core info pages.
I am a competent / reasonably advanced Joomla user and the site will need to be updated by me. Staying with joomla is best but I am willing to listen to recommendations for formats for displaying our products that might not include virtuemart.
Designers MUST be able to demonstrate examples of live websites that they have designed that have a shopping cart/catalogue function. If you cannot show this, please do not make a bid.
Basically the site needs a spring clean, a freshen up with a new look that is in-keeping with our customer base (schools & nurseries) and the navigation needs to be reconsidered
The ultimate objectives are to increase website conversions (sales) and to give a professional impression of the company.
There are many pages of information that is useful but not critical. Suggestions for navigating to deep-linked pages are wanted.