auctionPAL Inc. is seeking one or more experienced Ruby on Rails developers to work with an existing team to help develop a high-volumne customer account management system. This system will be part of our customer-facing web site and allow users to login and manage their account. The new app will integrate with existing backend systems via the database and using XML-RPC calls. This site will receive millions of hit per month and needs to be developed by experts. Qualified coders will join an existing distributed team and work closely with other developers to complete the application. You will be required to complete a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) in order to get access to the design documents and mockups and wire-frames. Qualified coders should have the following minimal qualifications
* 2+ years Ruby on Rails
* 5+ years professional web software development
* experience working as part of a distributed team
* good communication skills with a high level of written English
* MySQL experience
* Enjoy working as part of a large team
* Available to work 40 hours a week.
We are recruiting coders for a two week trial and you will be bidding on 80 hours of work (i.e. your hourly rate * 80) which wil run over two calendar weeks. Coders who successfully complete the trial will have the opportunity to join our team full time with a guaranteed 6 months of work. We are pre-qualifying candidates so you must send (a) a copy of your resume, (b) links to examples of sites you have worked on, (c) hourly rates.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
The run time environment is Linux and we develop on Linux and Windows. Browser compatibility requirements are Internet Explorer 6 & 7, Frefox 1.5 and 2, Safari.