I'm currently working on a small project and would like a feature created in flash that could handle voice recordings. A site that uses flash along with video and audio is here:
[url removed, login to view]
I don't need any chat functionality or video but what is needed follows:
1) Would like an swf file that can be embedded into a site similar to microsoft audio recorder that will use the configured mic on the machine to make recordings and save them to a server.
2) This will probably require something similar to flash media server or an open source alternative should be used if possible. Will need a brief setup rundown on how to install that and configure for this application.
3) The application should read in a [url removed, login to view] file that will store any variables or configurations that may be needed such as recording length which will be set to 30 seconds for now. button/label positions (x,y), post back url, and background image for the swf.
4) Voice level meter so you can see if the sound is detected.
5) The minimum button set would be Record, Stop which could be the same button. And maybe some way to play back the recording to preview before saving? And a save button that will save the recording to the server and update the database.
6) Ability to post recording information to an web service that can be configured in the [url removed, login to view] file. something like [url removed, login to view]
This would be used to update the database after successful recording or when the save button is pressed this would fire off to handle any database updates etc.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in working on send me an estimated time to completion along with your cost and any examples of similar flash projects that you have worked with.
Thanks for your time!
Above is a brief description of what is needed. I'm not a flash guru that is why I'm here. I am open to any and all suggestions on how to obtain the recording. With that said a final list of deliverables will be created based on any discussions we have so that we are 100% on the same page before the project begins.