I need a simple widget (Flash or Ajax) that retrieves 5-10 questions (e.g. jokes) from a server and displays them on a webpage.
If a user clicks on that question he gets transported to a particular URL (new page). This URL varies per question.
- Sites can store their preferences on types of questions they want display (e.g. blonde jokes and/or knock-knock jokes). My suggestion on implementing this is have each site installed widget have a unique code and let the backend server (PHP/MySQL) retrieve site preferences and delivers the random jokes back to widget.
- If no click happened within 1 minute, the widget should retrieve a new set of jokes
- The design of the widget would be very plain/simple - similar to Digg widget (http:// [url removed, login to view] .com/ add-digg)
- It would be nice to have the widget run on the desktop as well as a webpage. I believe the SpringWidget Flash SDK lets you do this.
- It would be nice to have the widget colors be changeable by site owner, as well as size. It must be easily installable by site owners.
I'm open to what technologies to best use here - I know Flash would work, but here that a Ajax widget might work as well. Please specify what technologies/toolkits you will build the widget in.
Chosen project developers must sign NDA. They must be available daily on Yahoo/MSN IM to discuss project issues/status. Developer agrees to complete a fully functional working program in executable and source code. Deliverables must be ready to run and install.