This is to find the best way to create a site for a specific class of services. The site will do the following:
1. Normal register and login process.
2. When the user logs in, the can create a page by selecting a template, then filling out the various sections. The "fill in" pieces are text they type in, photos they can upload, links to other sites, such as YouTube.
3. They can keep working on this and saving the page in the database.
4. When they are happy with it, they "publish" it - which mean the page becomes viewable and the site search code can find it.
5. Each user can have multiple pages.
6. They can come back and edit the page, etc.
7. Each page should allow for things like "like", "tweet", and "fans" (friends)
8. Each page has standard widgets and texts that the user can't change, such as "report inappropriate", for example.
There are lots of examples out there, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, etc. This is NOT anywhere nearly as sophisticated or elaborate as either one of those sites, however. It is really a very simple "do it yourself" page.
The deliverable for this project is a simple prototype that can then be used to extend, enhance and add design elements.
If you have done similar sites, please send me a link to them.