Create an interface in the ‘posting room’ that allows content providers to upload video commercials (:30 to :60 sec in length) and/or text (written out form of the commercial if they don’t have access to video equipment) that can be viewed by the user audience. Functionality it will be intergrated within this site [url removed, login to view] in the ‘posting room’ which is to have the look of a voting booth (illustrator needed)
Create a second interface in the ‘rate that pitch room’ where users can view either the text or video uploads from content providers in the Judging Room. User agreements must be ‘signed’ before entering either room. Users will be able to vote after each presentation and will not be allowed to continue unless a vote has been cast.
There are four types of people who will interact with this site.
Content Providers – They are the people who will upload either video, or text to make a ‘pitch’ for a commercial they are producing. They are part of the general population and are not affiliated with the site in any way. They must ‘sign’ a user agreements before uploading content.
User – General population who uses the site for entertainment. They must ‘sign’ a user agreement before entering the ‘rate that pitch’ Room. User signup will ask for demographics…age, male/female, income bracket, state. This information will be used in conjunction with how a person votes on a particular commercial and will be viewed by admin and corporate.
Admin – Owners of the site. They will view and approve all content BEFORE users can see the postings.
Corporate – They will be granted access at Admin’s discretion. They will be able to view voting results and demographic information for any or all Users. They must have their own sign in screen separate from the rest that captures name, corporation, contact info.
Upload of Content
1) Content provider can upload either VIDEO (tv commercial) or TEXT of commercial. If they upload in video format …
2) Content providers will upload in a variety of compressed formats ..ie.. wmv, mov, mpeg, flv
3) Videos must be limited in file size and in length otherwise server rejects them.
4) Before uploading content provider must ‘sign’ user agreement.
5) Once video is uploaded the server will convert it to an flv file and link it to a database.
6) Admin will be notified through email or just by logging on to their page that a new video has been added and is awaiting approval. Admin will have the capability to add category names to the database. (We will supply a list of category names to start.)
7) OR Content provider uploads in TEXT format… same as steps 4 and 6
8) Must have full identity of content provider upon sign up. Name, address, email, phone number.
Display of Content
Overview: The interface for selecting commercials will be on bottom part of the screen on the ‘rate that pitch’ page. The interface will let the user know whether they are selecting a text or video presentation. Ease of use is key. The process is as follows…
1) After content provider is approved by the admin the content can now be viewed by User.
2) An interface needs to be developed in the ‘rate that pitch’ Room where user can select by type of commercial to be viewed ie. VIDEO , TEXT.
3) Users will view all commercials in the ‘rate that pitch’ room This room will look like a voting booth where both types of commercials (VIDEO, TEXT) can be viewed ON THE SAME SCREEN.
4) Before user can view any commercials he must sign up and agree to user agreement.
5) AFTER VIEWING EACH COMMERCIAL THE USER MUST VOTE ON THE COMMERCIAL. Through a display of 5 stars(actually little baseball players from the logo) the user must select one of five ratings (It’s a Winner, It’s Very Good, It’s Good, It’s Just Ok, It’s a Flop). The user must not be allowed to continue unless they vote. THE USER CANNOT VOTE MORE THAN ONCE ON THE SAME COMMERCIAL.
6) The User can put in a comment in the comment box below the rating system. The comments will be stored in the database and used as part of the demographic data that Corporate can view.
26 freelancers are bidding on average $3548 for this job
We have successfully completed over 1500 websites in the past with not even a single dissatisfied client. We can help you in making your web business better. We look forward to work with you. Thanks
Can make your video upload/review/pitch site. ============= 15 years experience and USA BASED. We can talk by Toll Free TELEPHONE, Live Chat or Instant Messenger.