I am looking for a competent PHP programmer with MVC framework skills, preferably in CodeIgniter or Cake. The project also requires AJAX skills, knowledge of JQPlot/similar and PHPExcel.
The system to be designed is an analytics tool, where users can follow certain industry figures over time. It has three main views:
1) Data entry, where users choose a date and enter data for the specific date.
2) Benchmark data, where users can view their data in comparison to their industry during a chosen period of time.
3) Export data, where users can define data to be exported to Excel spreadsheets using PHPExcel or similar
Every user will have a profile page in the system, which can be viewed by other users. Users should also be able to choose a set of other users with whom to benchmark their data.
As mentioned in the introduction, I am looking to create an online analysis tool for data benchmarking. Its main purpose is for users/companies to be able to benchmark certain key performance indicators (KPIs) with their industry peers on an ongoing basis. The system should be easily "clonable" for use in different industries, with different KPIs. For instance, one clone of the system might be targeted at the restaurant industry where users want to benchmark number of guests per day, daily income etc.
A typical use case would look something like this:
1) The user logs into the system using a username and password.
2) The user arrives at the Data Entry view, where the user can select dates from a date picker and enter KPI values. In this view, the user can see the compliance of peer companies, i.e. to which extent other companies have entered their data for the given date.
3) The user moves on to the Benchmark view, where the user can select a time span and KPI and have the KPI displayed as a time series in a diagram, along with the average KPI values for the industry during the same time period.
4) The user goes to the Report view, where he/she can create Excel reports. The user selects a time span and KPIs to be included, and gets an Excel file with the corresponding data.
Apart from the three views above, there should also be a user profile view, where the user can update company data. There should also be a view where the user can select a group of at least five other companies who will constitute a "peer group" with which the benchmarking will take place.
In addition to the introduction, there are some things that should be added:
1) The application will be launched in a separate browser window.
2) The Benchmark view should be AJAX-based and have an approximate look-and-feel as Google Analytics (i.e. a date picker and a chart)
3) The whole system should be based on an MVC framework such as CodeIgnitor or Cake, and follow MVC conventions strictly