We are looking to build a website for flash and java games. We want something elegant, but we still want the interface to be lightweight and very user-friendly. Creativity, knowledge of design principles and professionalism is required and knowledge of usability and SEO is a plus.
- this is where users will be registering to make a username/password.
- to see his uploads, his information, favorites, contacts, and credits balance that, once clicked, link to the credits page
- I will need an admin page to add and remove users.
- Admin Page able to add and remove games/applications uploaded by users.
logout/in link in the top right corner
credits link just under the logout/ in llink in the right corner
Search Field: on every page, with advanced search options/filters.
Home page: displays few applications/games around 2x2 inches squares. Display a reasonable number of rows per page and columns per page, leaving some extra space on the right for the possibility of advertisements.
Underneath all the rows, have one row of a few adjacent boxes that each contain a short list of quicklinks, and with a title on top for the type of quicklinks contained in the box.
NOTE: use of white space is important for us; the design should not be too crowded or spacious, however spacious is always preferred over crowded. Take for example the following site: [url removed, login to view]
Categories Page: displays different categories for applications/games. An advanced search filter (maybe checkboxes for filtering out/in types of games the user wants i.e. he may only be interested in action and RTS games to appear in the search results.)
Game page: the page that opens when a game/application is selected. NOTE: Some games will play in the browser (Flash and Java games) other games will just be down-loadable, please take this into consideration during your design.
Chat box: appears on all the pages, the same box, except the Game Page.
Forum Page: basic forum pages, nothing special, however layout must be related to the gaming pages.
Lounge area for multi-player games, where there is:
- a chatbox that users can use to chat with each other, different sections of chat(table chat, lounge chat, room chat).
- a window that would list the current users in the lounge along with the room they're in.
- a list of rooms (each room represents a game).
- space/box in the middle that would show the tables in the room with the availability and a way to enter the table.
- advertisement space.
- table page that displays once the user has chosen a table to play, with a brief 10 seconds of advertisements at first before the game appears.
User credits purchasing page
-This can be navigated to from the credits link in the top right corner of each page, or from the user overview page
Game upload page:
NOTE: These are not the only things we want to see in our website. Please feel free to present us with your own ideas.
NOTE: Source files must be neat, CSS and HTML code must be readable, use some kind of logical naming conventions so it's easy to determine which file does what
For a reference for the home page: [url removed, login to view]
For a reference for the game page: [url removed, login to view]
For a reference for the game upload page [url removed, login to view] (login into your account > uploaded videos > Start uploading a video now!
Thank you in advance.