It is an auction website where a user can register an account and bid on services. The auction system is based on credits. A user would need to purchase credits into their account in order to place a bid on a service. Only an administrator can create an auction.
The features of the current unmodified software are:
• Create an unlimited amount of auctions
• Date start / end date
• Define the number of credit needed to build for each auction posted
• Create unlimited Credit Packs
• Payment of credits packs with PayPal
• Payment for items won with PayPal or Check, 2 more options for other (post-mandat. ...)
• Information on shipping
• Effect light box (requires a plug-in) on the product images
• Auction post possible burst
• Sending mail to admin, the winner and losers (for each option) each action
• Easy to make it compatible with joomfish for multilingual (just mail me a demand)
1 - Requirements
The current software is designed so anyone that places a bid that is the lowest unique bid is the winner of the auction. We need to change the system so that an auction will be awarded to the bidder whose bid is the closest match to the market value of the product. The auction will finish once a nominated value of credits are collected from bidders.
When a bid is placed, deduct a nominated number of credits from the bidders account.
- Add a field to the auction record for the required amount of credits used/costs per bid.
The market value of the item/service is needed to be recorded but not displayed to end users.
- Add a field for the market value into the auction record.
The auction end date is not required anymore as the auction won’t finish until the correct amount of credits have been accumulated for each auction.
- Remove the end date on the auction/item record.
A nominated amount of credits needed to close auction will need to be recorded to ensure the auction does not finish at a cost.
- Add a field for the nominated amount of credits needed to be collected before the auction closes.
Show the user how many bids are left available before it closes.
- Add a field for the number of bids available before the auction closes.
This would be calculated automatically using the amount of credits needed before auction closes by the amount of credits used/costs per bid.
Since the auction is based on a credits system any payment options available after the auction closes are not relevant.
- Remove any payment options at the end of an auction.
- Mark the auction as being paid.
2 - Confirm
- Confirm that a user can bid multiple times on an auction and that the correct amounts of credits are deducted from the users account. Users must not be able to bid more than the number of amount of bids left for an auction.
- Confirm that credits are refunded if an auction is terminated.
- Confirm that all PayPal payments can be made using the system and are working correctly.
3 – User Interface
- Have only one field for the user bid/estimate. Remove the “To:” and “From:” Post fields from auction page.
- Display a field on the auction for the number of bids left before auction closes.
4 - Language
- Update language files with better English and ensure correct grammar, spelling and punctuation. There is already the English language files provided in the basic software but they are poorly written and hard to understand.
If anyone needs to see the code in order to provide a quote please pm and i will arrange access.
There could be a few more updates as we go along but any work that is done will be paid for.
Also will need navigation menu's setup in joomla so the website is usable.
Just to be clear, i was not clear in the last post. I want this website to be setup so that it is fully working, with all navigation links, also create some demo content. I need everything to be completed for this site except the template. There is the auction system software that will be provided that is a add-on for Joomla! and this will need to be changed and have some custom php coded into it as described above.