I need a software solution to fulfill the following process for a backup solution:
1) User installs the app on their system
2) user creates an account with the backup provider
3) user selects files and directories on the local system which should be maintained syncronized with a remote server
4) The software runs as a background service and keeps those files syncronized at all times on the backup server
The backup process should be completely secured and files should be stored encrypted on a remote computer.
The software should allow two uses:
1) As an interface to a server farm maintained by me
2) As an interface to a computer specified by the user
The pricing and payment should be handled by 2checkout and PayPal and the software should be packaged to be sold as trial and with different pricing schemes to be dynamically decided by me in the backend.
Please bid only with extensive comments on how you see this done and working. I am open to suggestions on the platform, protocols and any other aspects involved. Feel free to use technical details as I am a programmer myself. Please bid ONLY with comments, or the bid will not be considered
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Windows for now