I am publishing a free business events calendar and directory for expats living in Thailand. I want people to be able to post their own events in the calendar and submit company details in the directory (like Yellow Pages).
Currently, I am considering using Joomla with JCal Pro (calendar) and SOBI2 (business index) components. Most of the functionality is already provided by these components, so essentially I need someone to configure a simple front end [template] that hides the Joomla backend, integrates the various components and simplifies user interaction.
Here are the most important requirements:
1. Unregistered user can post event - to be approved by the administrator.
2. User can also register (or login if already registered) and can modify/delete own events - event approved immediately (+ option for admin to change this)
3. Input form allows user to format text, upload graphics, paste URLs, etc as well as insert recurring events - can choose one or more categories (e.g. business, social, training). Categories can be colour coded.
4. Clean & *uncluttered* display of each month- click on week to see week view, click on day to see day view.
5. Mouseover displays summary details. Click displays a pop up window with full details.
6. Filter by event type (preferably using a check box system, e.g. filter all business+social, or business+training).Also need a 'select all' check box.
7. Full text search for event.
8. Any user (whether registered or not) can request a reminder email to be sent. Can specify when to send reminder (e.g. 4 hours before, one day before, etc.)
9. Different calendars for each region (Bangkok, North Thailand, Eastern Seaboard, Western Seaboard, South Thailand, Outside Thailand) - user can choose which calendar or can combine calendars (e.g. all Thailand, or Bangkok + Eastern Seaboard).
10. (Link to listing in the business directory)
* Same as 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 9 above (for company listing instead of event).
* Besides the various regions (Bangkok, North Thailand, etc.), each company can select different categories or sub-categories (e.g. Hospital, dentist, children). A company can be in more than one region (e.g. Bangkok + Eastern Seaboard) and can have more than one category/sub-category (dentist + children)
* Search by region and/or category
* Search result displays list of summary information. Click on company displays full page in new/popup window.
[2nd phase] Payment mechanism for company to have full page display and display featured listings at the top of each listing.
I imagine that the entire project would take about 1-2 days, plus a day on top for admin/testing/tweaking/etc.
I also think it is quite simple: a matter of creating a Joomla/Mambo template, plus a few PHP scripts to integrate the various modules. You might have to install a few other components or modules, but I imagine that it is mostly a 'configuration/compilation' project rather than any serious coding.
So basic requirements include knowing Joomla, templating, integration of components & modules. And preferably, skills in clean, minimalist design.
Deadline by the beginning of next week if possible.
Virtual server (Linux with MySQL) - so not telnet or shell or root access. Only FTP and HTTP.
Joomla [url removed, login to view] (I installed 1.5 beta2, but I couldn't install the SOBI2 component).
SOBI2 (Business Index component)
JCal Pro (Calendar component)
Open to any other components / modules that achieve the same functionality. Or any other easily-configurable, open-source environment.