I need help/advice of an experienced sys/server-admin who perfectly knows Fedora Linux and FreeBSD.
Actually I need 2 things:
A) I installed Fedora 6 on my personal notebook (Acer Travelmate 3273WXMi), no problems, works fine. But there are a few things/issues which I am not sure how to address.
1) screen resolution. Only one resolution is offered (800x600) although my card allows higher resolution. How can I fix/set this?
2) previously I used MS Windows, and there I always had ZoneAlarm installed. What kind of firewall can I use to be perfectly protected while connected to the internet with my Fedora 6? I will need advice here and/or some ready firewall script(s)
3 wireless lan. I do have Intel 3945 or something like that and I don't know how to install/activate w-lan support on this notebook.
4) antivirus. How can I protect my Fedora 6 notebook against virus/worms/trojan threats?
Well, let me know how you can help. I prefer someone who can help with all above points, not only with some of them.
Also I will not grant you access to my notebook in any way, sorry. I want you to tell me how I can make all configurations on my own.
B) I need to burn the FreeBSD ISOs on DVD-RW. The ISOs you can download from [[url removed, login to view]] can only be burned on CD-R/-RW. I am using Nero. But I don't have any CD-Rs here right now, but plenty of DVD-RWs ;-)
So, please can someone give me instructions how to burn the FreeBSD ISOs on DVD-RW? I am using Windows XP with Nero.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).