Trucking companies in the US are required to report all miles traveled and gallons of fuel purchased in each state for fuel tax reporting purposes. We are in need of a networkable, multi-user data entry program to capture this data and allow for reporting.
We have designed database tables and basic screen layouts for the data entry front end. However we have lost our programmer. We need help putting this together.
The system will have about 30 tables, about 25 screens to enter/edit data, and approximately 17 reports that can be printed to paper or saved as a .pdf format file. We prefer a secure system that can be accessed via Intra & Internet to allow for offsite employee access.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
Server: Windows 2000 or Linux (our preference)
Client: Windows 98/2000/XP or Linux
Reporting using Crystal Reports for flexibility
- A solution that uses open source software to reduce licensing costs. PHP and mySQL perhaps?
- Ability to port to a intra/internet solution to allow for at home employees to access the program using a web browser.