This should be a fairly simple project for a Large DataBase Expert
We are a specialty hosting company that provides a content management system to users that creates web sites marketing affiliate products using data feeds. The system consists of two types of servers one for the users web sites and the other is a dedicated MySql server that contains the data feeds consisting of over 22,000,000 entries (and growing).
We are looking for an expert in working with such large databases to do the following...
1. Optimize the existing database (or redesign a new database) for data warehousing and data mining
2. Automate the process of weekly updates of product information from currently supported vendors.
3. Automate the system to update product price changes on users sites, from the updated central database.
4. Automate the system to update image changes on users sites, from the updated central database.
5. Create a function to replace discontinued products with a default "Out of Stock" message on the users websites
6. Create a function to give the user the option to use a 301 redirect when product is discontinued.
7. Ensure all production code is encoded using IonCube encoder.
8. Optimize All work for scalability of expected rapid growth
9. Create a Smart user friendly search function that users can use to find products in the master database through keyword searches.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).