What is required is a member registration/login system for a Union Local website.? The system will inclde a registration system, administrative console and member account console, all the typical functions of a website registration system.
The login system should be relitivly typical of other login/registration systems, but note the following requirements...
1) The system shall protect a directory called 'members' (/members) in the root directory of the website so that any contents therein (usually just typical html files, graphics, documents, PDF's etc.) can only be accessed by logged-in members
2) The administrative functions won't be elaborate but should allow administrators to view, edit, create manually,? or suspend member accounts as well as create and delete adminstrative accounts (so as more than? one admin can make changes and those admins can be modified from time to time).? The system should also log how many times users log into the site and the IP address they? log in? from in a simple database table.
3) All valid registrations should be automatic, but should also require the user registering to click a link in an e-mail to activate thier account (so as to verify their e-mail address), adminstrators should simply be notifed by e-mail of a valid/activated registration.
4) The system should be accessible by a login page (for those with an account) and a registration page (for those without an account), as well as be available from links in the various site? pages (ie. a link to "My Account Settings" will take them to their members console, and "Logout" will log them out of the site, all this? should be accomplished by the webmaster creating typical hyperlinks to the appropriate page/script in the system on the web pages).
5) The member console should allow members to modify their username, password, e-mail and any other information provided except that information that was tied to the initial registration (their First Name, Last Name and Employee Number, only admins should be allowed to change these items by request? for members through the admin console).
6) Registrations shall require members to input such information as a desired username, password, the first name, last name, employee number, address (CDN Address format) and phone number(s).? Registration will only be accepted if their First Name, Last Name and Employee Number match an entry in the existing member database which is currently in MS Access Format, then their confirmation e-mail will be sent to them with their activation link.
7) The Union Local Logo should be able to be placed at the top of all pages in the system so as to provide continuity between the main site pages and the login system pages.