This is a php project involving a MySQL DB. It is a website which shows the movies available for rent at a video rental store.
This store has 2000 movies. The website will allow people to browse these movies and search these movies. The data is contained in an Access DB at the store and is uploaded in realtime to a MySQL db on the web. The inventory of this store changes frequently.
The MySQL db will give information about the movies including the name, the first and last name of two actors, the first and last name of the director, the length of the movie, and the movie description.
Users will be able to view this information in two ways: 1) by browsing and 2) by searching
The default search is a text search and should search seven total fields: movie title, actor first name, actor last name, 2nd actor first name, 2nd actor last name, director's first name, director's last name.
The following results need to be presented:
1) the jpg associated with the movie
2) the movie title
3) the 1st actor
4) the 2nd actor
5) the director
6) the duration
7) the movie description
8) whether the movie available for rent or not
The HTML format for the presentation is already completed.
The browsing function will allow users to browse movies by:
1) alphabetical listing of movie name
2) genre of movie
3) alphabetical listing of actors
4) alphabetical listing of directors
Please see the text file in the attached zip for complete details/requirements.
Please note: the bid request is not for any admin functionality. Please do not include admin functionality into your pricing. Only searching/browsing/displaying is necessary. An admin program already exists to manage our inventory of movies, etc. Thank you.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
php, linux, MySQL