We are in need of an experienced MySQL DBA to help with an existing database with about 18 tables (about 10 of them critical and will grow to be very large). This site is currently up and running and has the potential to grow to millions of rows in the tables. EXPERIENCE IS A MUST. Please send us examples of your previous work to be considered.
3+ years Experience in MySQL
* Working Knowledge of database design and SQL
* Administering of InnoDB and MyISAM table types
* Experience with MySQL replication
* Experience with multi-master clustering (HA)
* Experience with MySQL performance tuning and optimization. (query optimization, index tuning, caching and buffer tuning)
* Experience with backup and recovery process
* Knowledge/experience creating automated reports a plus* Candidate must have hands on experience in UNIX
* Strong communication skills are necessary for interaction with team members
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).