We have setup an e-commerce site, but need somebody to help with the following:
1. Setup MySQL Replication
2. I want to convert the tables to InnoDB, but am unsure about all the settings in the config file, so to help with that
3. Explain how to use the replicated db, e.g. to perform backups, restore backups, without disrupting the original db.
4. This is optional, since i can put this in another bid, but if somebody knows about security that would help, since our server doesn't have a firewall or IDS, so anybody who could suggest making it as secure as possible.
Basically, ive put the bid in as $100, but the exact amount i would be willing to pay would depend on how much you can help, so if you do a good job, then i would pay more than your bid if i felt it isnt high enough.
I would prefer the person not to just do everything, but explain and teach me what they're doing and how it all works so i can solve problems as they crop up (so a brief discussion on an IM about what they've done). Im sure i could spend time on these and figure it out, but i dont have the time.
Thanks again and a happy new year to everybody.
1. The asked for requirements completed (apart from number 4, which is optional only if you know about it).
2. Explanation of what they've done so I know how to do it myself next time.
3. Once the work is completed, you may not try and access the server again without permission.
4. Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
Linux Server, it's MySQL 4.0.15.