We wish to use internally some features found in Aweber. We manage a small double-confirmed list fo e-mail subscribers, and making sure that our legitimate mail is not considered as spam is essential.
Whenever we send a message to our mailing list we use Aweber to determine for us what the SpamAssassin profile for it is. Aweber passes our message to SpamAssassin which returns a global spam score, the same score broken down by rules, and a highlight of the exact words which triggered these rules.
We need a PHP4 (PHP5-compatible) function which will take as input
1. The type of text/encoding (for example, UTF-8 Text, HTML, etc.)
2. The text of the body of the message
will call SpamAssassin's spamd, and will return as output ...
1. A global SpamAssassin spam score
2. An array of tuples (mini-array as an element of the global array) containing the name of the triggered rule and the score associated in this case with the triggering of that rule
3. An array of n-tuples containing the exact phrase that triggered a rule, the index of the triggered rule in the #2 array above, the position of that phrase within the text, and the length of it.
The code should be robust, handling cases such as empty text, spamd timeouts, and other problems likely to be found in a production environment. If the SpamAssassin source code is needed for a script to do its own evaluation of matching patterns, the code must use a static location for such defined in a constant. We will be looking for developers here with which we can have an ongoing relationship, and whose workmanship is good and affordable.
See the deliverables clauses A and B for our particular requirements.
A. The above function in one .php file, with a configurable location for spamd B. The exact number of hours invested in developing that solution (do not try to impress us by reducing that number of hours of by inflating it; we want to know how to estimate the time it takes for elements of future projects to be completed.)
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under Canadian and U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
We will only work with actual coder DIRECTLY. Not middle men trying to take a cut out of the project payment.
Payment will be made via Paypal, Google Checkout, or Bank to Bank after project is finished and we are satisfied.
Access to our server will not be given.. the most we can do is offer access to the folder where the files are hosted.
We are not interested in working with slow coders. We want to be able to work with you in the future instead of having to come back to GAF to look for a coder for a similar type of php project.
Communication through windows live mssengr. This is a very very small project so our budget for this will be limited. We will obviously go with the cheapest professional sounding coder we can find. Not 1 that bids maximum and has 0 feedback. Cheaper with good experience is the best option for us. So those of you who message us with a copied and pasted message with 100000 url's to websites you probably didn't even create will be ignored.