I'm running a VB board ([[url removed, login to view]]) with avge 50 concurrent users, max 170 concurrent. Goal is for the forum to be able to manage 500 concurrent. The other day it really slowed down with 170 concurrent, so we looked at slow load log for MySql and discovered the culprit tables which we indexed. I've also placed a server optimisation request with the vbulletin guys.
It took a lot longer to sort this out than it should have done so I'm looking for an expert to help me manage the board. Going forward I'm looking for someone who can:
1. Keep an eye on the important board statistics (mysql load times, apache settings, CPU load etc) to flag up problems early on which might prevent the board from running efficiently and smoothly
2. Keep the forum, MySql, php and mods up to date
3. Inform me of any server hardware/software issues that may be required
4. Suggest any other improvements which will help
Prior experience of managing/administering vbulletin boards is a definite advantage, especially if you have experience of the problems I am facing. Experience of apache, linux, php, mysql are also required.
If you need to know more please ask :)
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
vbulletin, mysql, php, linux, apache