IMPORTANT: Due to the number of fake, incomplete and non-serious bids we have received on previous projects, we ask that all bidders do the following:
1. In PM, provide a description of your full understanding of the project,
2. In PM, provide links to similar sites that you have developed (please DO NOT link to a site unless you actually worked on it),
3. Give an accurate estimate of time taken to complete the project,
4. Give your full and final bid amount (no estimates or “per hour” rates).
5. If any of the specifications below are unclear, or you’re not sure you understand fully, please just ask in PM (don’t guess or make assumptions). We’re happy to answer any of your questions.
All bids that do not follow these criteria will be ignored. Thank you very much for your understanding.
Project name: Membership & Referral Site.
Budget: Low end of the range (toward $100), but will consider higher bids for quality work.
Graphics: Simple graphics required (buttons, site layout, etc).
We require a fairly standard PHP/MySQL membership and referral site, with the following features:
- New members sign up online and enter some basic details about themselves (name, business name, email address, country, password, whether they wish to receive newsletters, etc).
- Members pay for their membership through PayPal (must be fully integrated with site), either from their PayPal account (if they have one), or by VISA/MasterCard if they don’t. Members should have the option of paying for 1, 2 or 3 years of membership, auto or manual renewal, and choice of currency.
- After payment, membership is immediately activated, a membership number is assigned, and a confirmation email is sent.
- Visitors should be able to search for members (by membership number) on the site, and view basic public information about them (name, some other details). If they wish, a visitor should be able to submit a complaint or commendation about that member. Notification of the complaint/commendation should be sent via email to the visitor, the member, and the site administrators.
- Member can log in at any time and update their details, check and respond to complaints and commendations.
- Member should be given a link (EG: [url removed, login to view]), which they can copy and paste into their own web sites or emails. When clicked, this should take you to their “basic public information” page, thus confirming that they are in fact a member of our site.
- If possible, member should also be able to display on their site a gif/jpg image (hosted on our servers) showing our organisation’s seal, and their membership number. This is a bit like the GeoTrust “True Site Smart Seal”, which shows the individual business name (see [url removed, login to view]) Please indicate in PM whether you can satisfy this requirement. Due to the anticipated number of members, we are unable to create these seals manually; they must be created automatically.
- Members should be able to refer other members (oly by link, not with cookies), and referral sign-ups should be tracked and tallied.
Members ascend to higher levels of membership once they have referred a certain number of other members:
- Standard member (default)
- Contributing member (once you have referred 100 other members)
- Panel member (once you have referred 500 other members)
Happy bidding and best of luck.