We started to use Ajax to search with Sphinx. Instead of plain mysql searches as used before.
1. We need to make it possible to only "Search this category only"
(CatId used to narrow the search)
2. When pressing the (Show all results) button after a search, the number of found products is different, this is because standard sql is used to find the ALL results (a second seperate search is done, with slightly different parameters. SO we need the show all results page to ALSO use Sphinx..... to get the same results.
(propably an easy fix, copy paste from the current resultspage)
3. The page that shows the recent searches is not updated with the searches done on the new Sphinx search.... It should be.
(So we need to ping the last search to the search results page. This is tricky since we use Ajax every character is sent to Sphinx al the time, but we dont want to show all the intermediate typings only the final word...)
Contact me to get the site details
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).