I have some problems with my Virtual Private Server (VPS) and I am looking for somebody to investigate this matter and do whatever needed to prevent it from happening again.
THE PROBLEM: (from what I can tell)
I had some website speed/loading problems the last days. Yesterday it got really bad for a period of time. I then checked the associated e-mail for my VPS where I receive messages and I found the following messages:
- Excessive resource usage
- Suspicious process running under user (for two different users) <<<--- not sure if relevant to speed problem
It seems that I'm receiving these messages for quite some time now. Daily, even hourly.
Today I also received a "FAILED" message twice, following with a RECOVERED message. I believe it means the kernel got killed and my VPS was forced to reboot.
I've had this problem before. My web hosting company narrowed it down to two possible causes regarding the RAM.
- It could be simply due to the fact that my websites have too much traffic etc. and I needed an upgrade. (This is what I did back then, I upgraded my server and it seemed ok until now - I believe the "Excessive resource usage" message never stopped though)
- The second possible cause was that one of my websites is saving information on the RAM/MEMORY instead of using the MYSQL/DATABASE to store information which causes my server to run out of RAM eventually.
PS: I didn't have a significant enough increase to believe my server just needs another upgrade to solve this.
I have a few sites that may cause this error, but I believe there is one in particular that is more likely to cause this. The site in question offers free downloads for vectors. That's just a thought, though.
- Investigate my VPS / websites
- Do any configuration/coding changes to my VPS or the website(s) that are required to solve this problem
- Keep me updated and provide a reasonable explanation
This job will only be only considered complete when you achieve the following:
- NO "Excessive resource usage" messages for 24 hours
- NO "Suspicious process running under user" messages for 24 hours
- NO "FAILED" messages for 24 hours
However, you also agree to provide support for the next 30 days after the completion of this project, if any errors occur.
I will only consider bidders who mention "I'll handle this job with integrity" in their bid.
Thank you for your time.