I am looking for a WordPress expert to create a plugin that extends User Group plugin found here:
[url removed, login to view]
The plugin will be developed in 2 stages and I only want to build the 1st stage of this plugin. The first stage requirements are:
- Create a new plugin that extends User Group plugin. It should create the following menu structure in wp-admin
- SMSify WP
- Contact Groups (forked version of User Groups plugin)
- Contacts (redirects to default WordPress User dashboard)
- Activity Report
- When editing an existing User Group, add additional section with a heading called "Send SMS"
- Send SMS section should contain a textarea labelled "Message" (max 160 characters). There should be a character counter under the textarea. For example "xxx characters left". This field is mandatory
- Send SMS section should contain a checkbox labeled "Schedule message" (See screenshot attached for this section).
- Send SMS section should contain a date picker "Select date:" with the following date format: yyyy-mmm-dd. Only present and future dates should be allowed. This field is only enabled if "Schedule message" is ticked.
- Send SMS section should contain a drop-down menu "Select Time". This drop-down should contain 30 minute increments of time across a 24 hour period. This field is only enabled if "Schedule message" is ticked.
- Send SMS section should contain a drop-down menu "Run". This drop-down should contain the following values: once (default), every day, every week, every 2 weeks, every 3 weeks, every month, every 2 months, every 3 months, every 6 months, every year. This field is only enabled if "Scheduled message" is ticked.
- Send SMS section should contain a numeric stepper "Run times (0 = forever)". Default value should be 1. This field is only enabled if "Scheduled message" is ticked.
- Send SMS section should contain a button labeled "SEND".
- If the current User Group has no users in it, the entire "Send SMS" section should be replaced with a friendly message that says "You have no users in this group. You need to have at least 1 user in this group in order to send SMS"
The Send SMS section should be a reusable form as it also needs to be included on the "User Edit" page. The User Edit page would obviously send an SMS to a single user, and Group Edit page would send SMS to a group of users.
Activity report will be a simple page that displays a total number of SMS messages sent to each group. The numbers should be grouped into Months.
Settings page should have a mandatory text field called "API Key".
Please organise your code well and each view should be written in a seprate php file in "views" folder.
To be considered for this contract, you must send me examples of previous WordPress plugins you have developed. You also should be able to tell me that you have understood the requirements for this job and raise any potential issues.