Automated XML Feed Manager & Scheduler
I require a PHP or PERL script which will enable the automated management and scheduling of importation of multiple XML feeds and their scheduling with the following key functions :
1) The importation of up to 1000 XML/RSS feeds
2) Each record imported must be written to a MySQL database for search
3) It must be possible to setup each feed and map some or all of the incoming fields with specific mysql database fields ... that is each feed will have its own template to map onto the database.
4) Scheduling - It must be possible to schedule the XML/RSS feed imports automatically, such that a feed can be set to automatically update, hourly, daily, every two days, weekly, bi-weekly, monthly or on specific dates each month.
5) Admin Interface - A secure easy to use admin interface must be provided to setup new feeds, scheduling, feed updating etc.
6) Reporting - Within the admin interface, the system must provide clear reporting on the status of each feed import, [success / failure and helpful error messages], last successful import date
7) Deletions/Updates - To avoid record duplication the system must automatically handle updates of feeds automatically and removal of previous feed records to ensure database always has latest records from latest feed.
- Please respond to the key requirements above point by point indicating your proposed solution.
- Please include similar sites you have developed in your response.
- PLEASE DO NOT PROVIDE A STANDARD RESPONSE LISTING LOTS OF SITES NOT
RELEVANT TO THIS PROJECT. ALL SUCH RESPONSES WILL BE DELETED.
- Platform must be PHP/PERL, MySQL database to run on Apache/Linux Server.
- This project is Price Sensitive