On a nightly basis a file is generated on our partner site which contains thousands of deleted domains. We need an automated way of pulling it, pumping it into a database and making it available for search.
This is the process we need setup.
Part 1 - This will best be done in Perl by certainly PHP is an option (Your Choice)
- Pull file form remote ftp (9MB to 12MB / On Average)
- Unzip file (85MB to 95MB Extracted / On Average) - The file exported is a standard CSV, so plain text will do.
- Check database line by line. This can be done at the file level of using MySQL for caching. You need to check line by line with domain is in the database and which isn't. If it is, the move to the next, if not, insert into database.
- Delete CSV file.
- Generate report overview and email to preset email address. Just a general overview of what's happened.
Part 2 - This part is pretty basis and anyone with MySQL and PHP experience should be able to accomplish it and that's the part of the front end interface. Must be in PHP.
- Create a front end interface to search for domains. We are looking for something professional. Basically record by record displayed based on search options. Would like a simple search options and advanced search options. I wont go into detail on this as it's pretty self explanatory but the better front end interface, the better this project will work.
Fields Inserted Include:
- Domain Name
- Top Level Name, .com, .net, .org, .uk
- Deletion Date Format m/dd/yyy
- Time Stamp - Date Record Created Format m/dd/yyy hh:mm:ss AM/PM
- Registered Years
- Page Rank
- MSN Link Count
- Yahoo Link Count
- Alex Traffic Rank
Please keep in mind, this is a very basic project requiring FTP knowledge and MySQL knowledge, however please consider that you are dealing with a large file here so you have to consider timeouts.