I currently have a website being developed that stores digital files for people and allows them to sell/transfer them to others for a fee.
Currently, files must be uploaded one by one. I would like to integrate a bulk upload application into this. I am ideally looking for someone who has already built something like this, who can adapt it for this purpose.
The functionality would be very similar to the bulk upload feature on
[url removed, login to view] See the top right "Bulk upload now!..." feature.
Basically it would work like this.
1. User would click the bulk upload button
2. Browse box would open, and user could select multiple files on his computer
3. All files would upload in one process
4. Page would come up that would ask user to classify uploaded files. The criteria would then be stored in a db.
You would have access to my current developer to answer any questions on how to integrate the application into my site.
Here's what I would like from you:
1. A preliminary bid on what you think you would charge. This can be modified later as you find out more details
2. Estimated timing
3. A link to an example of an application that you've created that is similar, that you could leverage.
I will contact bidders who may be able to do this with more information, including website information and, if necessary, access to the FTP site so you can examine the website structure.