The candidate is to develop a hot-spot system to do authentication and billing for wireless users.
The basic characteristics of the system are:
- all traffic should go through a Linux box, that will be authenticating and billing for usage ;
- the authentication data should be stored into a MySQL database;
- the authentication should be based in the client’s MAC address and client’s card manufacturer ;
- users that have valid authentication stored into the database should be able to surf out with no restrictions (I.E., all TCP/UDP ports) with NAT through the box;
- every 5 minutes the system will refresh the current users authentication status, as the "subscription" will be provided for different periods of time;
- the authentication table should have a Date/Time of when the subscription expires;
- the system must keep a history of authentications used (client MAC address/date-time);
- the system must keep a history of internal IP’s assigned to client MAC address (when and which IP);
- the system must keep a history of connections made (NAT table) from the internal IP to the external Internet (for example, to track down which MAC address accessed an external website through the system);
- users that don’t have valid authentication should be able to surf only to certain internal address (where will be registration/purchase pages). So no matter where they want to go, if not authenticated the page will be redirected to a certain address;
- basic “registration” page should be provided, storing the info into the MySQL ;
- DHCP should be enabled to provide users with internal IP, using a class B range of 192.168.x.x, 172.16.x.x or 10.0.x.x according to a config file.
The code should be written in PHP, Perl/CGI or C, and it should have proper and detailed documentation (comments) in English throughout it, explaining each process, what is done, requirements and limitations.
A dedicated Linux box is available for this project. The developer is to (a) remote into the box and make everything work and (b) provide a ZIP file with all needed information & install procedures. Once ready to go in production, the MySQL database will be moved to another server (production envoirnment), so proper script configuration for easy setup of where the database is located must be done. All sources will be created in a "for hire" agreement, having the results to be property of the contractor.
To estimate cost, we have found that most of these features can be done using the DLink DSA-3100 gateway (which is priced about $400). But instead of using a closed box, we’d rather have an open solution that can be more tailored in the future to our needs.
Thank you for your interest.
10 freelancers estão ofertando em média $236 para este trabalho
I am expert in wireless lan, linux and php. I can do it for you. I made hotspot alredy in former times. The price is $120, but we can contract. The support is free of course.
I have designed and optimized www.onlinecasinosplayer.org, ranking on top of yahoo, and msn for the keyword "online casinos player" and many other websites which are ranking on top of all search engines.