The task is to make the FEATURES shown in our attached mock-ups work. We will provide the XHTML site, but with its features not working. Your job will be to code the features to function as shown. The best way to understand the task is to look at the mockups.
A tartan is made by criss-crossing a sequence of coloured lines of various widths, called a 'thread count' (e.g. B12G4Y2 = 12 Black threads, 4 green, 2 yellow, etc.) This site will let users design and save their own.
We will provide
• the semi-coded XHTML site (c. 7-8 template pages)
• a 'thread count' data sub-set for testing
• a database of 100 named RGB colour shades used in the thread counts
• and a script that creates .png tartan files from the thread counts.
The task is to produce (fully documented) AJAX and perl or php coding to make the real-time formatting work. This will involve things like setting up a colour picker, and translating its colours to the subset of 100; making the sliders update the display features in near-real time (i.e. whenever a state changes), etc.
You must also program the features that
• save designs to a "members" database (in the same thread count format)
• retrieve preset designs from the sample or saved DBs
• send 'tell a friend' type emails with the design attached
A fuller written spec will be provided. But we expect whoever takes on this project to see it through until all the functionality implied by the design is fully working and the site is 100% validated. Extra payments may be made for any extra features we ask for after a contract is agreed. But all functionality reasonably implied by the design as presented should be assumed, whether or not it is specifically detailed in the written spec.
Note that the final XHTML site you will work on will be more professionally designed than the mockups, but the functionality will be almost identical. Also note that tab 5 of the mockup needs no work as that is handled by our site.