Develop the code for an online form using CGI/PHP/HTML. This project is for a university in the Boston area.
The html for the form is already written and is attached (you can tweak it if necessary). Please take a look at it, as the info below will make much more sense.
The form collects News Release information and automatically converts it to proper RSS 2.0 code, and inputs it into several RSS 2.0 feeds.
Form fields would be all available RSS 2.0 fields (title, link, description, etc.), plus a checkbox indicating which feeds should be populated with the form results. Forms and output code must be W3C compliant.
Channel Feed Elements to be included in the form (we may add more):
<copyright> -- must automatically turn over to a new year on Dec 31
Form Fields (we may add more):
<guid>* -- user should only have to enter the link; the guid field should be created automatically in the feed, as it is a duplicate of the link
<pubDate>* -- fields in form converted into RFC822 format; time automatically recognized as EST
<enclosure> (for podcast, video, etc)
*required fields; other fields are optional
1. Customer inputs information into the online form
2. Information from form is automatically inputed into main News Release RSS Feed
3. Based on checked box(es), News Releases are also inputed into other feeds
Project completion time: 3 weeks or less
Ideally, here's how the process will work:
1. An person fills out the form (see additional files)
2. The info in the form posts to an RSS feed that lists news releases
3. If any other boxes in the form are checked (besides "News Releases"), the info will also post to the RSS feeds associated with those checked boxes.
Goal: We want to post our news releases to the news release RSS feed. Some of the news releases are related to other pages throughout the site, so we want them to also appear on other RSS feeds, depending on the checked box(es).