I need an app written in any code you would like that analyzes the data contained in these this text file. The text file contain the results for Greyhound dog races at a certian track for 6 months. Each line is a race and only the top four finnishers are listed. First the dogs number is listed in the order that they finnished, then the Superfecta result is listed, followed by the Trifecta, Perfecta, and Winner is listed. For instance: If the top four were 1, 2, 3, 4.
The line in the text file would look like: 1,2,3,4,1234,123,12,1
This would mean that 1 finnished first, 2 finnished second, 3 finnished third and 4 finnished fourth.
1234 being the superfecta, 123 being the trifecta, 12 being the perfecta, and 1 being the winner.
Here is what I need the app to analyze.
Four categories need to be analyzed, Superfectas, Trifectas, Perfectas, and Winners.
1. For each one of these categories: How many times has it occured.
2. How often does it occur, a typical result might be: every 7.3 races.
3. How many races has it been since it occured, a typical result might be: "hasn't repeated in 25 races".
I need the ability to generate a report that lists the Superfectas, Trifectas, Perfectas, and Winners that occur the most often along, along with how often, and how long it has been his it has occured.
I am providing three files to help understand this better, the first file is the raw text file listing the race results, one race per line. The next file is an excel spreadsheet that I created that simply calculates the number of times the combination has occured, and the third document hopefully will show what I need accomplished by this application.
Transferring the data to a database would be great if you need to do that. Also, I will need to be able to add data in the future for not only previous races, but future races as well.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).