I am looking for an administrator/code maintainer. This will be initially for $50 via RAC. If you do a good job, this will be an ongoing weekly payment of $50. You should consider this will be around 10 hours/week of work. There is the opportunity for additional work each week as well, we can easily help you make $100/week.
You must know:
You should have some formal training in computer science or at least have very good structured programming/code habits. Not be a brand new web-hacker!
Preferably you are from eastern europe as I like working with eastern europeans. You must be constantly available via instant messenger. Meeting deadlines is critical, you must be responsible, and occaisionally be willing to work late or under pressure.
If you aren't good at meeting deadlines, please don't submit a bid. This is the thing I have the biggest problem.
What you will be doing:
- helping us select a web based CVS package
- installing scripts, configuring files
- merging code that is contributed by other freelancers
- refactoring all code for cleanliness, documentation and scalability
We already have one person doing this, you will be working beside them on a second project. The two of you will cover each other when one of you is away.
It is great if you have experience with maintaining an open source project. We're basically adopting a similar process.
I have 3 additional questions:
1. Please tell me a little about your experience with CVS. We'd like to implement a secure web-based CVS system, particularly which allows different security levels (outside freelancer, trusted freelancer, administrator).
2. Do you have any experience with building scalable database backed systems? If so, please tell me how about the performance your system was able to handle.
3. Longer term (within 6 months), I want to relocate an eastern european sysadmin to live here in the Dominican Republic (a beautiful holiday island in the caribbean, with the most beautiful girls in the world). Are you attached/have ties to your country (wife/family, etc), or are you single and would consider moving here for a while if things went well?
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
LAMP - linux, apache, mysql, php