Sporting Event photography company needs browser-based tools running on perl and linux/unix to manage on-site importation of large quantities of photos and display a slideshow.
This project is for a proposal to our existing client to add on to an existing network we are building for client. Thus, we cannot guarantee that the winning bidder will be awarded a contract. However we do believe our client will give us the OK to proceed with this project for them once we find the right person(s).
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
Detailed Requirements are:
This simple browser-based management interface will enable photographers and/or sales associates to upload 150+ jpg's from flashcards taken during a sporting event to a common unix-based server. Minimizing the time this process takes is crucial, and is why we are using unix and not off-the-shelf products that already exist.
- Browser-based (intranet)
- Perl based for easy basic upgrades by webmaster
- Administrator account and options to add/delete/modify accounts on unix server (so photographers can upload their own photos to the server)
- Use existing unix/linux tools to manipulate images
- Login/Passwd protection
- Able to import batches of 150+ jpg's from compaq flash cards
- Import allows filename renaming into specific, logical files and directories.
- When new photos are imported, filename change will be sequential, and new files imported into that directory must start at next highest number in directory and NOT overwrite existing files
- Import allows batch rotation of all photos, thumbnail manipulation would be a plus
- Button at bottom of importation/management page opens java slideshow of current import directory in new window in fullscreen
- Slideshow should have configuration options to adjust interval (default should be every 5 seconds)
- Slideshow displays filename at bottom of photograph in font Ariel 48 with light blue background banner
- Slidehow on mouse click will have adjustable controls to stop (spacebar) and go forward or back in sequence
- Other detailed options may be added after these initial project reqs have been delivered
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
UNIX/Linux & Perl backend - browser-based (Netscape,IE,Opera,Mac, etc.) user-end